A Cost-effective, Green Solution for
Odor and Pathogens in Wastewater
Based on a proprietary, beneficial microbial technology, SCD Probiotics offers an
all-natural product line that reduces odors and controls pathogens in a number of
wastewater applications, including:
- Livestock Operations
- Poultry Pens
- Dairy Farms
- Food Processing and Rendering Plants
- Public Lakes and Lagoons
How SCD Probiotics Helps Reduce Foul Odors and Control Pathogens
All living systems have a microbial ecology that can be managed and improved by the
constant delivery of probiotics. Probiotics are live microorganisms that, when applied
in sufficient amounts, deliver a health benefit to the host.
SCD Probiotics manufactures products that are produced through a natural
fermentation process using beneficial microorganisms. SCD Probiotics microbial
strains, or beneficial microorganisms, are grown in what is known as consortia (a cogrowth
environment), allowing each strain to interact with other strains throughout
development. This proprietary method is very similar to how microbes occur in nature,
versus the more common practice of growing singular strains in a pure-culture format
and then blending different strains together at the time of packaging.
SCD Probiotics’ beneficial microorganisms actually feed on the high levels of ammonia,
hydrogen sulfide and methane that cause bad odors found in wastewater treatment
plants, livestock lagoons, polluted lakes and rendering plants.
In addition, SCD Probiotics creates a clean environment by populating the area with
healthy microorganisms so they dominate the toxic, disease-causing bacteria. When
applied consistently and following the proper usage guidelines, this powerful green
technology can help improve water quality at wastewater treatment facilities in
rendering plants, reduce sludge in livestock lagoons and control pathogens in public
and/or private lakes.
Benefits of SCD Probiotics
- Improves overall surrounding air quality as measured by D/T, providing better
working conditions for employees and better relationships with the community
- Achieves customer-specific, targeted reductions in odor control quality parameters
- Helps comply with EPA regulations and regional water control boards that oversee
agricultural waste runoff and nutrient management — reducing fines and improving
- Improves operational efficiencies by reducing sludge accumulation
- Reduces expenses related to energy consumption in wastewater treatment facilities,
- Chemically free, SCD Probiotics offer a green, sustainable solution to odor and
- Listed by OMRI for use in organic production
- Concentrated formula for cost-effective application
- Available in “tote” quantities (275 gallons) for large-scale operations
Case Studies Provide Evidence of Success
Results: Average dilution threshold ration (D/T) result prior
to the probiotic treatment was 13 D/T, while after treatment
data averaged 5.5 D/T. This represents a 57% reduction in
odor and puts the farm below the regulatory threshold for
Results: After SCD Probiotics application, significant reductions in pathogens were achieved throughout the public water
contaminated by bird feces.
SCD Probiotics - a Leader in Probiotic Technology
SCD Probiotics is a global provider of probiotics, providing sustainable solutions for human health, home and garden,
agriculture, livestock health, industrial and aquaculture applications. Established in 1998, SCD Probiotics manufactures a
complete line of probiotic products in their Kansas City, Missouri-based facility (USA). Products are sold domestically through
SCD Probiotics and their affiliates, and internationally through qualified licensees, distributors and retailers.
Product information can be found on our Web site, at www.SCDProbiotics.com.
The following White Papers are also available online:
- Application of SCD Probiotics Technology for Livestock Production
- Application of SCD Probiotics Technology For Odor Control
- Application of SCD Probiotics Technology for Wastewater Treatment
Contact CustomerService@SCDProbiotics for additional information about efficacy test,
customer testimonials, or customized solutions for specific applications.