- What is the difference between SCD Bio Livestock® and SCD Bio Livestock® - Dry - For Poultry?
SCD Bio Livestock is an all-natural, probiotic-based feed and water additive for livestock, poultry, and household pets; while SCD Bio Livestock® - Dry - For Poultry is a probiotic feed additive exclusively intended for poultry.
- Which animals have already had SCD Bio Livestock already administered?
Based on the collective experience of SCD Probiotics and our customers, SCD Bio Livestock has already been administered to cattle (dairy and beef), calves, sheep, swine, poultry (chicks/small birds and adult birds), dogs, and cats. Please refer to our Usage Guide for a specific guideline application.
- Aside from the aforementioned animals, what are other specialized animal applications of SCD Bio Livestock?
Our customers have also applied SCD Bio Livestock to bees, horses, cage birds, and elephants.
- How will SCD Bio Livestock improve the underlying microbial ecology of livestock and household pets?
Probiotics stabilize the intestinal mucosa, making it more difficult for pathogens to colonize and cause damage in the intestinal tract. They also create a responsive and improved immune system that can detect and eliminate certain potential pathogens from the intestinal tract.
- Why is SCD Bio Livestock a solid alternative to antibiotics and growth promoters in livestock operations?
Antibiotics have been used as growth promoters, which is also conducive to the emergence of more bacterial strains with antibiotic-resistant features. Probiotics usage shows that in time, it appears that antibiotic-resistant factors might be lost from potentially zoonotic bacteria, and this would result in less difficulty in maintenance of flock health and public health. It also has numerous benefits to be gained from the use of probiotics.
- Is it okay to use probiotics in the feed and water for newborn livestock and household pets?
SCD Bio Livestock is an all-natural, probiotic-based liquid feed and water additive containing a powerful blend of beneficial bacteria. It is produced through a natural fermentation process, and is not chemically synthesized or genetically engineered or modified. We suggest using SCD Bio Livestock for any newborn livestock and pet with any diarrhea case. Use in accordance for the animal you have.
- What are the types of interactions involved between probiotics and parasites in the intestines of livestock and household pets?
Probiotics help keep your digestive tract healthy. However, probiotics may not be appropriate in some severely immunocompromised patients. As such, consulting a physician is advisable. In general research, probiotics may indeed provide strain-specific protection against parasites, probably through multiple mechanisms. Additional studies are needed to justify probiotic utilization in therapeutics.
- Is it really necessary to use diluted SCD Bio Livestock product within 24 hours? How about beyond that, for example 5-7 days or 15-30 days?
We highly suggest using the product according to its recommended usage guidelines. We cannot guarantee efficiency if product is used beyond the suggested application timeline.
- What are some benefits seen with SCD Bio Livestock in livestock operations?
In effect, SCD Bio Livestock transforms the underlying, imbalanced microbial ecology of the host, restoring it to one that is balanced and healthy. Upon usage, it may help reduce the disease-causing microorganisms, providing a healthier farm with animals that contribute to higher and better-quality yields.
- Is it necessary to shake the bottle of SCD Bio Livestock to avoid sediments at the bottom of bottle?
Gently shaking the bottle of SCD Bio Livestock won’t make the product bad, but do not shake it too much to avoid off-gassing.
- What will I do with the sedimentation of SCD Bio Livestock product in more than a gallon container?
To avoid sedimentation in larger containers, we recommend to do stirring with a clean rod but not too much to avoid off-gassing.
- Is sedimentation of SCD Bio Livestock product safe to be consumed by animals?
Yes, SCD Bio Livestock product is all-natural and safe for animals, plants, and the environment. Sedimentation or ingredient settling may occur and is normal; however this does not impact the product quality.
- There are white particles appearing in my SCD Bio Livestock product. Is it safe to be used by animals?
White particles are good microorganisms that appear after you’ve opened the product. This occurs due to the exposure to oxygen. However, it does NOT mean the product has gone bad.
- Is it safe to use an expired SCD Bio Livestock product?
SCD Bio Livestock product is all-natural and safe for animals, plants, and the environment, but we highly recommend using the product within the best by date as seen on the product label. We won’t guarantee results if product is used beyond the specified best by date.
- What makes SCD Bio Livestock different from commercially available livestock and pet supplements? Will product totally replace commercially available livestock and pet supplements?
SCD Bio Livestock is a probiotic livestock and pet supplement. It is produced through a natural fermentation process and is not chemically synthesized or genetically engineered or modified, which may not be the case in other commercially available supplements. Additionally, the product has been screened for over 150 banned substances including: Caffeine, Testosterone, Clenbuterol, Morphine, and Ephedrine; and results showed that none of the tested banned substances were detected.
- Does the product contain PNSB. If so, is it safe for poultry?
No, SCD Bio Livestock does not contain PNSB, but does contain other beneficial bacteria and yeast cultures. The product is safe for animal consumption.
- Any possible side effects for animals using SCD Bio Livestock?
Referring to the established studies and testimonials we have from SCD Bio Livestock consumers, the only effect is that it improves the underlying microbial ecology of the animal, restoring it to one that is balanced and healthy. With consistent usage, it may help control re-emergence of disease-causing or harmful toxic bacteria.
- How does the product work on skin conditions of animals?
In general, a good immune system will be observable through our largest organ of the integumentary system – our skin. Hence, healthy skin indicates a good immune system. Probiotics help in absorbing nutrients for the entire body, which typically works from the inside through to the outside. SCD Bio Livestock improves the underlying microbial ecology of the animal to one that is balanced and healthy, hence providing good skin condition for animals. However, you may want to contact your veterinarian if your livestock animal or pet has chronic/acute skin condition(s) prior to taking probiotics.
- How does the product help control re-emergence of disease-causing bacteria?
Probiotics works by competitive exclusion. Disease-causing bacteria will slowly deplete in number when good bacteria are introduced into the system. They mainly compete for the food source of the disease-causing bacteria hence can multiply faster and will turn over the population of bad bacteria in a gradual process.
- What would happen to livestock if I give probiotics beyond the recommended dosage?
Too much of anything is bad; there are reported cases in which taking probiotics beyond the recommended dosage will cause stomach upset. That said, we highly suggest using SCD Bio Livestock with its recommended usage, since our product is concentrated too (containing many good microorganisms per serving). Our product is all natural, making it safe for animal consumption. So, if you do use it beyond the recommended dosage, it won’t create a long-term side effect. Rather, you will be wasting your probiotics. Recommended dosage typically provides you with the necessary dosage for your animal’s needs.