SCD Probiotics is looking for a Lab Technician for R & D. The Position will report to VP, R & D.
Job duties include, but not limited to:
- Preparing microbiological media and reagents.
- Sample preparation and dilution.
- Sample plating and incubation under aerobic and anaerobic conditions.
- Recording microbial colonies: enumeration and morphology.
- Initial identification: gram stain, selective and differential media.
- Identification of microbial colonies: advanced biochemical and DNA sequencing methodology.
- Preservation of microbial colonies: short-term and long-term.
- Other duties as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology, Biology, Biotechnology, or related science major.
- Aseptic microbiological techniques.
- Microbial identification based on advanced biochemical methodology is a plus.
- PCR experience is a plus.
- Ability to analyze and interpret experimental data.
- Excellent computer skills including, but not limited to Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with both internal and external groups.
- Strong trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to work independently or within a team with supervision.
Typical Mental Demands:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Well organized and methodical, yet flexible to changing priorities.
SCD Probiotics offers a competitive compensation structure that includes health, vision and dental insurance.
Become a part of our fast growing, high energy organization with potential for advancement. We are a team-centric group working to create and promote eco-friendly products to foster healthy personal and environmental outcomes. SCD Probiotics is a drug-free environment and an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V).